
What's better than milking a cow? Read on people. Read and learn.
Whilst reading a novel yesterday morning with my Secondary little 11 year old people, we came upon a scene where a character milks a cow.
- Have you ever milked a cow, Sir? a youngster yelled out from the back.
Rather than bollocking him for shouting out (I would hate to be consistent) and as I was in a playful mood, I confirmed that I had indeed milked a cow, and decided to throw back the question at them, unsuspecting fools.
- And may I ask how many of you have ever milked a cow?
One young lad, who had appeared to have been asleep until this point, absentmindedly raised his hand. So I chose him. Little did he know he was about to become immortal with the following line:
- Yes, Marco, and when did you milk a cow?
- Hmm. I never exactly milked a cow, Sir. Marco replied.
Wait for it.
- But I did once wash a duck.
Yes, we collectively died laughing. All, that is, except the kid speaking, little Marco, who continued in the pursuit of clarity.
- Is that the right word, Sir, he continued, in apparently blissful ignorance of the chaos around him, an ignorance befitting, one feels, of one who thinks nothing of washing a duck.
- Is that the right word... washed?
Oh stop it. Please!
- You know. With shampoo?
Now correct me if I'm wrong, but that is so much better than milking a cow.
No comments:
Post a Comment