Monday, 26 March 2012

Morning, Katie! Now, where were we?

Katie has a driver to get to and from work. Nothing exciting there, but read on, it gets better.

He's a charming guy, Senor Pompeyu: not the most talkative of sorts, which is probably a good thing, 'cause no one needs their ears talked off at 0640. But I guess there's also the afternoon drive back, which is a total of 90 minutes a day, on an average awful Lima traffic day.

So Katie has been commuting in the company of El Pompedu for the best part of two months, and assures me that they get on a treat.

So this weekend, when needing to get a taxi into town, who else would I use but Mr P for the trip. And I must admit, I was kinda fascinated by the opinion he had of pre-7am Work Wife. Speaking Mathematically, if you multiply Scary by Scary, that's a pencil portrait of pre-0700 Work Wife.  

Now - post coffee non-work post-8am Katie is charming as charming can be, as many of you will verify. So, you know, I was curious.

Katie couldn't hide behind the bed all morning, and she knew it.
Neither could Pompeyu wait all day to find out the next chapter
in the story of her life...  
After the usual weather's nice, traffic's a bit heavy small talk, there was something of a pause. Upon which I figured that either I or he could start comparing notes on what Katie and he had talked about on all those long morning and afternoon drives.

"So," said Senor Pompescu, "How long have you guys been in Lima?"

Answers all the question, right there.

My mental picture of the morning run.

- Buenos dias, Senora. 
- 'Nuff yapping, Mr P. Drive.
- Very good, Madam.

No comments:

Post a Comment