Saturday, 19 April 2008

And The Moral Of My Story Is...

Some absolute classics once again from the world of small people. Writing their own myths, I'd asked the kids to put a moral to their story.

Within the myths there was some good stuff. For example, one kid had her 'hero' meet a 'wizard' who gave the hero 'a clock that could turn monsters into baby monsters'

When would you ever use that, I hear you ask? Well, when 'monsters suddenly attacked the city', would be the perfect time, wouldn't you think? What an opportunity missed then when the hero 'ran away' as soon as the monsters appeared, 'for they were too powerful'. The moral of her story? 'It doesn't matter if you have super powers, just be yourself.'  

Judge my teaching as you will, but here are the other highlights:

And the moral of my story is...
  • (The Pragmatist.) 'Do not try to immortal. It will never work.' 
  • (Future motivational speaker?) 'If you think you can, you probably can't.' 
  • (At the end of a story where the hero has killed nearly everyone in the world) 'Treat others as you would have others treat you.' 
  • (And the winner, and I am not making this up) 'It is never a good idea to mix mud with the water.'  
Blame the teacher, I say.  

No comments:

Post a Comment