I was doing some weeding on the terrace. I'd built up both a sweat and an impressive pile of weeds. It was hot so I was wearing a hat, which at the time I thought was incidental.
Leah wandered out and, seeing my endeavour, made an appreciatively loud Ooohhh I'm impressed type of noise. Emboldened by the fact that she was clearly impressed by the sort of figure her green-fingered father cut, I ventured further, seeking yet more adoration for such exploits.
- Yeah, Leah. What do you think? I self-agrandised.
- It's amazing, she replied, playing into my self-agrandising hands.
- What in particular? I milked.
- You're wearing a hat. This was a little deflating. What about the weeds? The toil of the soil, Leah?
- A hat, she repeated, a little bemused. A pause, as if to clarify her thoughts.
- Like a man.
No comments:
Post a Comment