Friday, 7 March 2008

Reinventing The Wheel

I fell into conversation with a little scamp in the lunch queue the other day. Take away the dynamic of a classroom environment, and even the best of kids are usually hard work.

So check out how cool this kid is. This was our conversation.

- Hiya Tomi.
- Hello meester. (In a voice a little like 'Pedro' from Napoleon Dynamite)
- So, what do you want to be when you're older?
- I dunno meester, I'm a bit too young to know what I'm gonna be.
- Yeah but, what would be your perfect job?
- I dunno, I wanna do lots of things. Like, for example... oh, I dunno know to say it in English, a waitress.
- A waiter. A waiter is the guy.
- Yeah, that. I'd really like to be a waiter.
- Seriously, a waiter? (I was expecting: lawyer, footballer or take over my daddy's bank...)
- I dunno if that's what it means in English. You know, someone who opens beers.
- Yup, that's a waiter.
- Or, maybe one of those guys who walks around with the food at parties...
- Cool. So Plan A: waiter. Plan B: guy paid to serve food. Anything else?
- Yeah. I really love to swim.
- What, like in the Olympics?
- No, just like... a LOT.
- Wow. Anything else?
- Yeah. I was thinking I could do something with cars. Like maybe make the wheel better.
- Really? You sure. I mean, I think the whole 'round' theory's working out pretty well on that one.
- Well, sure, but I'd like to try some things.


And that is how cool the world is when you're 10.

1 comment:

  1. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete