One of the best things about New Year's is that you get to make New Year's resolutions. These resolutions are wonderfully pointless, and last about a week and a half, but reflect an attempt at self improvement that can only be admired.
You could pretty much guess someone's New Year's resolutions based on the magazines they read. Girls become Bridget Jones clones who join the gym, eat less chocolate and start the day with a quinoa-kale smoothie. Guys don't do resolutions, but if they did it would be like montage scene in an action movie. Personally, I think women like resolutions because women like lists.
I've just re-read mine for 2009, and I failed to complete each and every one. All this Resolution business does is succeed in making you feel bad, and they you are even less likely to do the things you set out to achieve.
Driving in the car on January 2nd, Katie asked me if I had any New Year's Resolutions. The little things that I might try and change and improve abut myself for the coming year. I said I didn't, and that I couldn't think of any. Interesting, she said, because you actually have 7, and read me the list of ways to improve myself.
I've written my own... Next entry.
No comments:
Post a Comment