Thursday, 14 February 2008

Back to school.

Only teachers - and I mean this with respect and love for this profession and the vast majority of its practicioners, can come out with a line like this. We broke up on December 19th, and returned February 14th. The student aren't back until the February 25th, and yet I was greeted by the followinçg as I arrived back yesterday morning.

- Hi, how are you, how was your holiday? I asked.
- Oh, wonderful. But it's too short, you know? I feel like I've hardly been away.

To all those of you who work for a living, I offer the apologies of my race.

And to quote comedian Dominic Holland, asked about his opinion prior a proposed teacher strike in the UK.

"I totally support the teachers in their demands to work a 35 hour week. It fits in perfectly with their 35 week year."

No comments:

Post a Comment