Friday, 8 February 2008

How do you say...

Lessons with Glenn (see 'Glenn') are now punctuated with him asking the teacher various gangland phrases and useful vocab that he'll be needing in a little over 11 days time.

Amazingly, German didn't fall off his chair when Glenn asked him:
- Como se dice 'How do you say'?

To avoid confusion, I should state that 'como se dice' is how you say 'how do you say'...

So German replied, looking slightly puzzled - Er. Como se dice.
- No, I know, but I need to know how to say 'How do you say'...
- Como se dice
- Yeah but... Oh.


A few minutes later we were interrupted, admittedly while we are doing some lame stuff like, 'Moving House', to practice reflexive verbs...) with the following beauty, as Glenn looked up from his Dr Dre notebook that he was using for vocab:
- Oh, sorry guys. Um, German, como se dice 'knife fight'.

Alright, I made up the bit about the Dr Dre notebook. But I thought I'd suggest some other como se dice's for our Glenn, in a week's time when his Spanish is up to scratch. Springing to mind came:
- Como se dice I'm gonna get myself killed real soon.
- Como se dice I made my move to Buenos Aires based on various Hollywood movie representations of gangland violence like 'Dangerous Minds'.
- Como se dice Some people are now saying Courtroom Reporter is different to Specialist Social Worker
- Como se dice I have less than 2 weeks to live?
- Como se dice Do you like my tat?

Nah, don't worry, I'm sure Glenn will be fine. Any trouble comes along, as he said, he can always rap himself out of danger.

No comments:

Post a Comment